New research from
http://www.connectedhealth.frost.com( http://www.frost.com/prod/servlet/svcg.pag/HCHL )), Analysis of the Hospital Information Systems (HIS) Market in
Apart from patient data capturing and storage, the role of HIS has extended to patient information sharing. Clinicians and healthcare staff can thus access relevant patient information within healthcare organisations as well as from across communities and countries. These features have spurred HIS installations in healthcare institutions in
"The renewal of existing HIS solutions aimed at enhancing compatibility with other devices in the healthcare environment is also fuelling revenues," saidFrost
However, budgetary restrictions and data security concerns can dampen HIS uptake to an extent. Hospitals and healthcare organisations are struggling to justify the capital investment on HIS, as they are looking to decrease operational costs in the current economic scenario.
"HIS vendors must look to offer a high degree of data protection and flexibility in handling Big Data, in order to ensure patient-centric care and become a preferred vendor," concluded Parakkal. "For instance, following a managed services approach using software-as-a-service and cloud software licensing will enable hassle-free maintenance of large amounts of patient information."
Market consolidation will also be a common trend, as HIS providers strive to expand their presence through strategic alliances with local participants.
If you are interested in more information on this research, please send an email to
Analysis of the Hospital Information Systems (HIS) Market in
Keywords for this news article include: Hospital, Software,
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2013, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Potential Snags to the Bipartisan Budget Deal
- Adam Levine Wins Big as 'The Voice' Crowns Champ
- Archer Daniels Midland Moving HQ to Chicago
- From Fiscal Cliff to Female Head of GM: 2013 in Review
- Budget Deal on Brink of Passing in Senate
- U.S. Home Construction Hammers Out 5-Year High
- Broadband Policies Could Mean 11,000 Jobs
- William Morris Endeavor Eats up IMG
- Wine Collector Convicted of Making Fake Vintages
- Apple: Disney Animation iPad App Best of 2013