The news reporters obtained a quote from the research, "Silver dressings are therefore successfully used for many indications in wound therapy. In this study, we investigated the antimicrobial potency of ionic silver released from the silver-coated V.A.C.® GranuFoam ™ during vacuum therapy. Silver dressing was exposed to agar plates populated with bacteria to measure silver release. A total of 15 agar plates colonised with either Staphylococcus aureus populations or with Staphylococcus epidermidis, were loaded with V.A.C. GranuFoam Silver ® Dressing polyurethane foam (KCI,
According to the news reporters, the research concluded: "Furthermore we could quantify the amounts of silver, which were released from the foam under negative pressure as a function of time."
For more information on this research see: Antibacterial potency of VAC GranuFoam Silver ® Dressing.
Our news correspondents report that additional information may be obtained by contacting S. Sachsenmaier, Uniklin Tubingen, Tubingen,
Keywords for this news article include: Antibacterial, Antibiotics, Antimicrobials,
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2013, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Apple Paid Its Lawyers More Than $60MM to Defeat Samsung in Court
- Economic Bright Spots Not a Sure Boost for President Obama
- US Consumer Borrowing Rose $18.2B in Oct.