Oct. 02--It's Britney, B--ch: Britney Spears continues her love affair with the b-word in her "Work B--ch" video, a dance floor banger set in the desert, poolside, and at, um, Planet Hollywood, which gets prime logo placement. The video hints at S&M kink, but mostly it looks like a high-energy teaser for her upcoming Las Vegas residency.
It's the Climb: Judging by his frequent shirtless Instagram photos, Justin Bieber's a young man in great shape. Nevertheless, the 19-year-old had his bodyguards carry him up the Great Wall of China. The pop star is on the Asia leg of his Believe tour. [CBS News]
Started from the Bottom: Drake is on top of the charts once again, notching a No. 1 debut with Nothing Was the Same. With 658,000 copies sold, Drizzy's below only Justin Timberlake's The 20/20 Experience for the year's biggest bow. (That may be a different story next week: Timberlake's 20/20 sequel is out today.) [Billboard]
The National rock The Mindy Project: The New York band popped up as music festival headliners on Tuesday's episode of the Fox comedy, performing an acoustic take of Trouble Will Find Me track "This is the Last Time." [Rolling Stone]
Music Notes: A regular round-up of music news and links from around the web.
-- David Greenwald
(c)2013 The Oregonian (Portland, Ore.)
Visit The Oregonian (Portland, Ore.) at www.oregonian.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Scripps Shares Rise on Reported Bid Talks
- Californians Want to Legalize Marijuana
- Budget Deal Sets Off Grumbles in Both Houses
- Pacific Trade Pact Delay Hinders U.S. Pivot to Asia