The chief minister announced a week’s bonus salary for
The LWMC staffers had been tasked to ensure cleanliness in the city during the three Eid holidays.
The Eid operation started two days before Eid. As many as 161 camps were set up at 150 union councils of the city to guide and assist the general public in ensuring cleanliness when of disposing animal waste. Over 11,000 LWMC workers were on Eid duty.
As many as 400,000 waste disposal plastic bags were distributed among citizens. They were also given briefings on the correct use of the bags.
Over 1,175 vehicles transported waste from sacrificial sites to dumping sites set up by the city administration.
Sixty-nine temporary waste transfer points were set up. Huge dumpers and compactors carried the waste to the dumping sites and small pickup trucks and vans moved into narrow streets of the Walled City.
The LWMC helpline, 1139, addressed nearly 2,500 complaints of citizens regarding waste in three days.
Over 28,000 pictures of live operations were uploaded to the Punjab Information Technology Board (PITB) website to monitor and evaluate the cleanliness drive. The company offices remained open during Eid holidays.
Film actress Reema and Jal band member
Reema joined the LWMC drive in Islampura and distributed waste bags among citizens. She also briefed them on Eid operations and requested them to cooperate with the LWMC and keep the city clean. She also helped clean the area.
Saeed visited the LWMC camps in the Walled City and sang motivational songs for the workers. The company chairman thanked the LWMC workers for ensuring successful Eid operations.
He announced a week’s bonus salary on behalf of the chief minister during his visit to the Shah Jamal emergency camp of the LWMC.
Most Popular Stories
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- It's No Yolk: Food-tech Startups Take Aim at Replacing Eggs
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- US Consumer Borrowing Rose $18.2B in Oct.
- 2014 World Cup Official Noisemakers Quieter than Vuvuzelas
- Unjustified?: Justin Timberlake's Grammy snub