BURBANK, Calif. - TV's "House of Cards" and the movie "Promised Land" are being recognized for their eco-friendly messages.
The Netflix show and the Focus Features film were honored by the Environmental Media Association Saturday night at its 23rd annual awards presentation. The organization aims to channel the power of celebrity and media to promote sustainable behaviors and ecological awareness.
The HBO documentary "Gasland Part II" and reality show "VICE" also won awards, along with the ABC comedy "Last Man Standing" and Nickelodeon's "Nick News with Linda Ellerbee."
Matt Damon accepted the Ongoing Commitment award and Hayden Panetierre received the Futures award at the private event, held at Warner Bros. Studios in Burbank, Calif.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Hernandez lawyer: Pats Records Dispute Resolved
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Social Media Startups That Pay You to Post
- Female Business Owners Still Face Gender Gap
- Amazon Fire Phone Improves on Familiar: Review
- Congress Leaving Town as Deadlines Loom
- Oregon Voters to Decide on Recreational Pot
- 4th Circuit Upholds Obamacare Subsidies
- Oregon to Vote on Recreational Marijuana