The Centre had approved of a project to set up two such facilities in the country on
Semiconductors or electronic chips are considered the brains behind products like cell phone, computers, devices and equipment used in telecom network, defence and others. Electronic chips are key components that could be manipulated for cyber espionage and other cybercrimes.
According to a source, the Centre may announce a
Confirming the development, a state government official said even the state government had been waiting for approval to the project. "We have done our job already. Now, it is totally in the hands of the central government. It is a huge project in which both the governments - the state and the Centre - will have to contribute land and subsidy," he said.
Two consortiums have bagged the projects, said the official. "First consortium is led by
Both the consortiums have partners, who already have plants abroad.
This plant will be making silicon to chips, which can be used in any electronic product. If this plant comes to
HSMC officials have been to Prantij a number of times, he said. "For them,
Most Popular Stories
- Obamacare Doing Just Fine, Ky. Governor Says
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- Rand Paul Signs up for Obamacare
- Aspen Contracting Adding 300 Jobs
- Hispanic Employment Improves in November
- U.S. Chamber to Run Ads in Idaho, W.Va.
- Trapped Florida Whales Head for Deeper Waters
- U.S. Unemployment Rate Dips to 7 Percent
- Consumer Spending Rises, Incomes Fall
- American Eagle Issues Weak Q4 Outlook