The U.S. drama "Ironside" and sitcom "Welcome to the Family" have been canceled weeks into their freshman seasons, NBC confirmed Friday.
The Hollywood Reporter said low ratings were to blame for the shows being axed.
NBC will air "Dateline" Wednesdays at 10 p.m. through November and December as well as a roster of upcoming holiday specials in place of "Ironside," which starred Blair Underwood.
Filling the void left by Mike O'Malley's "Welcome to the Family" on Thursday nights in the 8-9 p.m. time slot will first be back-to-back episodes of "Parks and Recreation," then a special edition of "The Voice," "Halloween specials" and "The Sound of Music Live," The Hollywood Reporter said.
The programs are the network's first cancellations of the 2013-14 season.
ABC recently announced it dumped its new show "Lucky 7," while CBS said last week it canceled its freshman sitcom "We Are Men."
Copyright 2013 United Press International, Inc. (UPI). Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Original headline: NBC cancels 'Ironside,' starring Blair Underwood
Most Popular Stories
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Honda's Safe Approach Pays Off in Sales
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Notes From the July FOMC Meeting
- Target Slashes Annual Profit Outlook
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- Google Kid Accounts Plan Raises Worries