The HUAWEI Ascend G700, A199 and Ascend G610 smartphones each use a Gen4 controller, while a Gen3 controller drives the Ascend G526 touchscreen. The Gen4 family utilizes Cypress's patented DualSense™ technology to execute both self-capacitance and mutual-capacitance measurements in the same device, and switch dynamically between the two in application. This ability enables glove tracking, stylus support, face detection to avoid unintended touches when on a call, and TrueTouch's unrivaled water rejection capability.
"We're pleased to have
Gen 4 delivers an array of technologies that competing solutions cannot match. It is the world's only controller family with built-in 10V Tx to drive the touch panel at 10V. Because Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR) is directly proportional to the voltage at which the panel is driven, this feature allows Cypress to sense smaller signals than the competitors in the presence of high noise sources.
Cypress's touch-sensing portfolio is the industry's broadest and most well adopted, encompassing TrueTouch, CapSense®, and TrackPad solutions. The company's IP portfolio is unmatched, including true, single-layer sensor solutions for dramatically reduced touchscreen costs and self and mutual capacitance sensing on the same chip that enables advanced features such as waterproofing, proximity sensing, support for 1-mm stylus, and hover.
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- How Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies Work
- Californians Want to Legalize Marijuana
- Pacific Trade Pact Delay Hinders U.S. Pivot to Asia
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- Budget Deal Sets Off Grumbles in Both Houses