Oct. 19--The University of Arkansas at Fort Smith Academy of the Arts Extreme Teenz will present a special preview of their production, "Annie Get Your Gun," at 6 p.m. Tuesday at the Fort Smith Public Library, 3201 Rogers Ave.
The popular musical is based on the life of Annie Oakely, a sharpshooter who starred in Buffalo Bill's Wild West, and her romance with sharpshooter Frank Butler. The Extreme Teens, a theatre company for students in sixth through 12th, present small-scale theatre productions at a variety of venues and are featured on the Show Time Series at UAFS.
The main library also will host a Halloween movie night featuring "Frankenweenine" (PG) at 6 p.m. Thursday.
The offbeat and heartwarming tale about a boy and his dog, looks at young Victor harnessing the power of science to bring his best friend, Sparky, back to life -- with just a few minor adjustments.
Movie goers can bring Bring refreshments.
For information on this or any or the library's free programs or events, call 783-0229 or visit www.fortsmithlibrary.org.
(c)2013 Times Record (Fort Smith, Ark.)
Visit Times Record (Fort Smith, Ark.) at www.swtimes.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Spiders Get Bigger, Reproduce Faster in Cities
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- Entrepreneur Contest Announced in Idaho
- Why BofA Won't Pay $17 Billion After All
- Notes From the July FOMC Meeting
- Obama Weighs Move on Legal Immigration
- Eric Holder Arrives in Ferguson