Oct. 19--The University of Arkansas at Fort Smith Academy of the Arts Extreme Teenz will present a special preview of their production, "Annie Get Your Gun," at 6 p.m. Tuesday at the Fort Smith Public Library, 3201 Rogers Ave.
The popular musical is based on the life of Annie Oakely, a sharpshooter who starred in Buffalo Bill's Wild West, and her romance with sharpshooter Frank Butler. The Extreme Teens, a theatre company for students in sixth through 12th, present small-scale theatre productions at a variety of venues and are featured on the Show Time Series at UAFS.
The main library also will host a Halloween movie night featuring "Frankenweenine" (PG) at 6 p.m. Thursday.
The offbeat and heartwarming tale about a boy and his dog, looks at young Victor harnessing the power of science to bring his best friend, Sparky, back to life -- with just a few minor adjustments.
Movie goers can bring Bring refreshments.
For information on this or any or the library's free programs or events, call 783-0229 or visit www.fortsmithlibrary.org.
(c)2013 Times Record (Fort Smith, Ark.)
Visit Times Record (Fort Smith, Ark.) at www.swtimes.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists