Pharma EXPO is a joint venture between PMMI, owner and producer of
"Pharma EXPO is clearly answering an industry need," says
The joint event will take over
Learning from Other Markets
The vision for Pharma EXPO is to make it the world's leading event for the pharmaceutical and medical device industries. ISPE will present a world-class conference program during the show, and attendees will comingle between
"At our core, ISPE's focus is to prepare our members to lead global change and innovation in pharmaceutical manufacturing sciences and technology," says ISPE President and CEO
"I might add, that inspiration is a two-way street," she notes. "Many PACK EXPO attendees are working toward compliance with the Food Safety Modernization Act, and they can learn a lot from the pharmaceutical realm - especially technologies such as hygienic design and track-and-trace."
PMMI's Pittas agrees. "PACK EXPO attendees really benefit from the cross-pollination of innovations they see at our shows, and Pharma EXPO will amplify that effect," says Pittas.
Filling a Need
Historically, upwards of 18 percent of end-users who attend PACK EXPO have identified themselves as pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers, while one-third of all the exhibitors at PACK EXPO are suppliers to the pharmaceutical industry.
By itself, Pharma EXPO is expected to draw over 10,000 attendees and 300 exhibiting companies, and cover more than 200,000 square feet of exhibit space.
Among exhibiting companies is
"It's important for us to be here, showcasing our new equipment," said Marchesini Executive Vice President
"We have already sold more than 50,000 net square feet of exhibit space," Pittas says. "Considering that was our initial projection for the show, and it's still over a year away, it's clear we're well on the way to exceeding our goals. The co-location of Pharma EXPO and PACK EXPO will benefit packaging and processing across the line."
TNS 24HariCha-131019-30FurigayJane-4522793 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- 2014 World Cup Official Noisemakers Quieter than Vuvuzelas
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- It's No Yolk: Food-tech Startups Take Aim at Replacing Eggs
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief