"City-based pharmaceutical company Zydus Cadila has signed an agreement with
The alliance was announced on Wednesday.
The collaboration combines Pieris' drug discovery and early development capabilities with Zydus' expertise in biologics development, regulatory affairs and biologics manufacturing.
Under the terms of the agreement, Zydus will take the lead in advancing Anticalin drug candidates through formal pre-clinical to clinical development - undertaking drug development in accordance with ICH guidelines.
According to the statement issued by Zydus Cadila, the company has been granted exclusive marketing rights in
"Collaborating with established biotech companies on differentiated drug candidates is an important component of Zydus' ongoing transformation into an innovation-led global healthcare provider, and we are pleased to add Anticalins to our novel biologics pipeline," said
Through this collaborative model, the companies seek to develop candidates to proof of concept and will explore out-licensing opportunities in Pieris' territories at the appropriate time.
The companies will share licensing revenues on mutually agreed-upon terms, informed the statement.
"With Zydus' state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities and seasoned drug development team, this collaboration will allow Pieris to unlock value on a global scale in a cost-effective manner, significantly expanding the number of proprietary Anticalin programs we can advance into clinical trials," said Pieris CEO
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- Obamacare Doing Just Fine, Ky. Governor Says
- Rand Paul Signs up for Obamacare
- How to Arm Yourself Against CryptoLocker Virus
- Thalia Gets Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
- World Cup Draws: Coaches, Players Offer Insights
- Hispanic Employment Improves in November
- Trapped Florida Whales Head for Deeper Waters
- Aspen Contracting Adding 300 Jobs