Android in the Workplace? -->
Maxatec is forging ahead with its range of Android 4 compatible rugged portable computers that can provide rapid return on investment. The company now offers three devices that utilise the most popular mobile operating system worldwide. With Android taking the mobile world by storm with its ease of use and flexibility, it is making inroads into the corporate environment too.
Companies are realising Android's power, utility and user-friendliness can make it ideal for deploying rugged handheld devices equipped with a familiar operating system that their workforce already understands because they use it with their mobile phones.
Among the Android 4 products are the Bluebird Pidion HM45 [http://www.maxatec-europe.com/pidion-hm45 ] rugged smartphone, BP50 7-in tablet PC [http://www.maxatec-europe.com/pidion-bp50 ] and larger BP70 10.1-in business pad [http://www.maxatec-europe.com/pidion-bp70 ]. All feature a waterproof TankSmith(TM) design in addition to their high IP rating, making them far superior to consumer grade Android devices that are not suitable for long-term use in demanding environments.
"Maxatec is one of the first rugged IT distributors able to offer a range of Android-based handheld computers - and we can provide the mobile printing technology to accompany them too. Android take up is gaining momentum in industrial applications and we are ready to provide reliable, well designed and engineered, cost-effective equipment that can capitalise on this trend," says
"What makes the Pidion Android range stand out is that all the devices are fully rugged - they don't need ruggedizing with additional heavy duty and sealed cases! Although there is a whole host of complementary accessories, the HM45, BP50 and BP70 don't rely on protective cases or covers for security against drops, knocks and the elements. They are all also designed for industrial applications and not for consumers and this makes them very cost-effective, because by the time you have re-engineered a consumer grade product and added the functionality needed to suit the job it can cost a lot more than expected."
About Maxatec's mobile technology pedigree:
Established for over 40 years, Maxatec [http://www.maxatec-europe.com ] is an ISO 9001:2008 certified Value Added Supplier of Specialist IT Hardware, Software and Services to the Mobile Enterprise, AIDC and EPOS market sectors. Maxatec's range of rugged mobile devices includes Arbor, Pidion, Skeye, Sewoo its own SmartTablet brand, CognitiveTPG and
Most Popular Stories
- Adam Levine Wins Big as 'The Voice' Crowns Champ
- 'Beyonce' Tops the U.S. Album Chart
- Archer Daniels Midland Moving HQ to Chicago
- Contest Gives Startups a Jump in Jersey
- Singer Ian Watkins Sentenced to 35 Years Prison for Child Sex Abuse
- The Illuminati Don't Exist, Just Ask Them
- Universal CityWalk Rings in 2014 with Southern California's Biggest New Year's Eve Party, Featuring Dazzling Fireworks Displays, Three Live Concert Stages, DJ Performances and a Midnight Cascade of 1,000 Pounds of Confetti
- SAC Capital Employee Guilty of Insider Trading
- Senate Sends Bipartisan Budget Plan to President
- Fed Signals Strong Confidence in U.S. Economy