NEW YORK (AP) — Stocks that moved substantially or traded heavily Friday on the New York Stock Exchange and the Nasdaq Stock Market:
UnitedHealth Group Inc., down $2.61 to $68.76
Health insurers participating in the government's health care marketplace say the new system is providing inaccurate data.
Advanced Micro Devices Inc., down 56 cents to $3.53
The company saw a steep decline in sales of chips for notebook computers and Citi cut its price target to $4.50
Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc., up $70.67 to $509.74
Profit surged 15 percent in the most recent quarter and the Mexican food chain issued an optimistic outlook for the year.
Baker Hughes Inc., up $3.77 to $55.55
A seasonal recovery in Canada and strength abroad pushed quarterly profits up 22 percent at the oilfield services company.
Google Inc., up $122.61 to $1,011.41
The Internet search-engine company put up third-quarter numbers that far surpassed Wall Street expectations, driving its stock past the $1,000 mark for the first time.
Intuitive Surgical Inc., down $22.61 to $376.52
Quarterly profits slid as sales of the medical company's da Vinci surgical system fell under criticism from some experts.
Ariad Pharmaceuticals Inc., down $1.83 to $2.67
The drug company will discontinue a late-stage study of its leukemia drug because of patient heart attacks and strokes.
Acacia Research Corp., down $4.14 to $15.48
The patent collector shocked investors with a loss in the most recent quarter and was downgraded by analysts at Stephens.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Original headline: Google and Acacia are big market movers
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- Anarchy, Chaos Sweep Across Libya
- Eid al-Fitr Celebrations Mark End of Ramadan
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- Oppression of Women Cripples Africa: Obama
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- Israeli Criticism of Kerry Annoys White House
- Contreras-Sweet to Speak at MED Week