Oct. 18--FRANKFORT -- The fifth annual Frankfort Film Festival, featuring "best of show" titles from worldwide film festivals, has something for everyone.
Fourteen films -- including comedies, foreign language thrillers, documentaries and historical dramas -- are scheduled to play during the four day festival, slated to run Thursday through Sunday at the Garden Theater in downtown Frankfort.
"Our mission has always been to bring films that have been recognized at other festivals around the world as being great movies," said Rick Schmitt, co-owner of the Garden Theater.
Schmitt also is looking forward to featuring four films made by students in the Interlochen Arts Academy's motion picture program.
"It is great to give them a platform," he said. The short films will be shown before each feature film.
Tickets are $10 per film; $70 for festival pass including admission to all films; or $150 for director sponsorship including admission to all films and an invitation to the VIP Thursday opening night party. Ticket information is available at www.frankfortgardentheater.com.
"A Royal Affair" -- 4 p.m.
"Starbuck" -- 8 p.m.
"The Hunt" noon
"This is Martin Bonner" -- 2:30 p.m.
"The Grandmaster" -- 4:30 p.m.
"Sleeping With The Fishes" -- 8 p.m.
"Any Day Now" -- noon
"A Hijacking" -- 2 p.m.
"Houdini" -- 4 p.m.
"The Spectacular Now" -- 8 p.m.
"No" -- 12:30 p.m.
"Stories We Tell" -- 2:30 p.m.
"Prince Avalanche" -- 4:30 p.m.
"20 Feet From Stardom" -- 7:30 p.m.
(c)2013 The Record-Eagle (Traverse City, Mich.)
Visit The Record-Eagle (Traverse City, Mich.) at record-eagle.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief