Google posted revenues of $14.89 billion for the quarter ended September 30, 2013, an increase of 12% compared to the third quarter of 2012. Non-GAAP EPS in the third quarter of 2013 was $10.74, compared to $8.87 in the third quarter of 2012.
Shares of Google are trading higher by more than 12.3% this morning.
Schlumberger (SLB) reported third-quarter 2013 revenue of $11.61 billion versus $11.18 billion in the second quarter of 2013, and $10.50 billion in the third quarter of 2012. Diluted earnings-per-share was $1.29 versus $1.15 in the previous quarter, and $1.04 in the third quarter of 2012.
Results were led by North America with a new high in overall revenue, supported by solid offshore activity and the seasonal rebound of activity in Western Canada. Schlumberger shares are higher by 2.6% so far today.
Morgan Stanley (MS) posted net revenues of $7.9 billion for the third quarter, compared with $5.3 billion a year ago. For the current quarter, income came in at $888 million, or $0.44 per diluted share, compared with a loss of $1 billion, or a loss of $0.55 per diluted share, for the same period a year ago.
Morgan Stanley is trading higher by about 2% this morning.
The preceding is a transcript of the MarketNewsVideo.com video below, which can also be found: http://www.marketnewsvideo.com/?id=201310Earn1101813&mv=1.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief