Oct. 18--The guy who gave you a sitcom about nothing will headline two shows at the Wagner No l Performing Arts Center on Oct. 25.
Jerry Seinfeld, star of the popular sitcom "Seinfeld," created by Larry David and Seinfeld, was the highest rated show in the country when the series finale aired in the 1990s.
The Brooklyn native studied communications and theater in Queens College in New York and began doing stand-up comedy in 1976, performing on The Tonight Show in 1981.
He starred in the television special "Jerry Seinfeld's Stand-up Confidential" in 1987 and shortly after was approached to create a sitcom on NBC with David.
Seinfeld began doing stand-up on several tours after the show ended, including a tour filmed in 2002's "Comedian."
Seinfeld is also an author, penning 1993's "Seinlanguage" and children's book "Halloween" in 2003, and co-wrote and co-produced 2007's "Bee Movie."
Follow Odessa American on twitter @OdessaAmerican, like us on Facebook at Odessa American or call 432-333-7714 for the main newsroom line.
(c)2013 the Odessa American (Odessa, Texas)
Visit the Odessa American (Odessa, Texas) at www.oaoa.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Scotch Whisky Sales Raise Distillers' Spirits
- Budget Deal Will Cut 220,000 Californians Out of Jobless Benefits
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Fake Deaf Interpreter Was Hallucinating, Has Schizophrenia
- Tea Party Glum in Face of Bipartisan Budget Deal
- Futures Fall, Holiday Spending and Unemployment Up
- Health Coverage Disparities Emerge Among States