Oct. 18--The guy who gave you a sitcom about nothing will headline two shows at the Wagner No l Performing Arts Center on Oct. 25.
Jerry Seinfeld, star of the popular sitcom "Seinfeld," created by Larry David and Seinfeld, was the highest rated show in the country when the series finale aired in the 1990s.
The Brooklyn native studied communications and theater in Queens College in New York and began doing stand-up comedy in 1976, performing on The Tonight Show in 1981.
He starred in the television special "Jerry Seinfeld's Stand-up Confidential" in 1987 and shortly after was approached to create a sitcom on NBC with David.
Seinfeld began doing stand-up on several tours after the show ended, including a tour filmed in 2002's "Comedian."
Seinfeld is also an author, penning 1993's "Seinlanguage" and children's book "Halloween" in 2003, and co-wrote and co-produced 2007's "Bee Movie."
Follow Odessa American on twitter @OdessaAmerican, like us on Facebook at Odessa American or call 432-333-7714 for the main newsroom line.
(c)2013 the Odessa American (Odessa, Texas)
Visit the Odessa American (Odessa, Texas) at www.oaoa.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- Microsoft's Cloud Platform Shines
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- New Effort to Ban Child Labor From Tobacco Farms
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes