Oct. 18--Fans of Billie Joe Armstrong can get a double-dose of the Green Day frontman -- in person and on the big screen -- Oct. 18 at the Vogue Theatre in San Francisco.
The theater at 3290 Sacramento St. has announced that Armstrong will be on hand to introduce the 7 p.m. screening of the documentary "Broadway Idiot."
The film, which premiered at the South by Southwest Film Festival earlier this year, follows the creation of the stage musical "American Idiot" from its conception to its debut at Berkeley Repertory Theatre to a hit run on Broadway. The musical was adapted from Green Day's acclaimed album of the same name.
Tickets to the screening are $8-$10.50 and available at the theater's website, www.cinemasf.com/vogue. The film also screens at 9 p.m. Oct. 18 and plays at the theater through Oct. 24.
(c)2013 the Contra Costa Times (Walnut Creek, Calif.)
Visit the Contra Costa Times (Walnut Creek, Calif.) at www.contracostatimes.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- NASA Fellowships, Scholarships Bring Diversity to Workforce
- Dish Network Leads 2013 Top 50 Advertisers List
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Entravision Initiates Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise