Oct. 18--Fans of Billie Joe Armstrong can get a double-dose of the Green Day frontman -- in person and on the big screen -- Oct. 18 at the Vogue Theatre in San Francisco.
The theater at 3290 Sacramento St. has announced that Armstrong will be on hand to introduce the 7 p.m. screening of the documentary "Broadway Idiot."
The film, which premiered at the South by Southwest Film Festival earlier this year, follows the creation of the stage musical "American Idiot" from its conception to its debut at Berkeley Repertory Theatre to a hit run on Broadway. The musical was adapted from Green Day's acclaimed album of the same name.
Tickets to the screening are $8-$10.50 and available at the theater's website, www.cinemasf.com/vogue. The film also screens at 9 p.m. Oct. 18 and plays at the theater through Oct. 24.
(c)2013 the Contra Costa Times (Walnut Creek, Calif.)
Visit the Contra Costa Times (Walnut Creek, Calif.) at www.contracostatimes.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Rocket Explodes During U.S. Test Flight
- Short-Term Loans Comes at a Heavy Price
- Koch Brothers Took Genes, Money in Different Directions
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures