Oct. 18--Fans of Billie Joe Armstrong can get a double-dose of the Green Day frontman -- in person and on the big screen -- Oct. 18 at the Vogue Theatre in San Francisco.
The theater at 3290 Sacramento St. has announced that Armstrong will be on hand to introduce the 7 p.m. screening of the documentary "Broadway Idiot."
The film, which premiered at the South by Southwest Film Festival earlier this year, follows the creation of the stage musical "American Idiot" from its conception to its debut at Berkeley Repertory Theatre to a hit run on Broadway. The musical was adapted from Green Day's acclaimed album of the same name.
Tickets to the screening are $8-$10.50 and available at the theater's website, www.cinemasf.com/vogue. The film also screens at 9 p.m. Oct. 18 and plays at the theater through Oct. 24.
(c)2013 the Contra Costa Times (Walnut Creek, Calif.)
Visit the Contra Costa Times (Walnut Creek, Calif.) at www.contracostatimes.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March