Oct. 18--Fans of Billie Joe Armstrong can get a double-dose of the Green Day frontman -- in person and on the big screen -- Oct. 18 at the Vogue Theatre in San Francisco.
The theater at 3290 Sacramento St. has announced that Armstrong will be on hand to introduce the 7 p.m. screening of the documentary "Broadway Idiot."
The film, which premiered at the South by Southwest Film Festival earlier this year, follows the creation of the stage musical "American Idiot" from its conception to its debut at Berkeley Repertory Theatre to a hit run on Broadway. The musical was adapted from Green Day's acclaimed album of the same name.
Tickets to the screening are $8-$10.50 and available at the theater's website, www.cinemasf.com/vogue. The film also screens at 9 p.m. Oct. 18 and plays at the theater through Oct. 24.
(c)2013 the Contra Costa Times (Walnut Creek, Calif.)
Visit the Contra Costa Times (Walnut Creek, Calif.) at www.contracostatimes.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- India Recognizes Transgender People as 'Third Gender'
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- Yellen Remarks, Market Data Give Stocks a Boost
- Michael Bloomberg Takes Aim at the NRA
- U.S. Job Market Still Needs Fed Stimulus: Yellen
- Dems in Energy States Back Away From Obama
- Is This Job Too Good to Be True?
- Man Arrested After Driving Stolen Car to Court Hearing