QAD, a provider of enterprise software and services for global manufacturers, declared that
The improved QAD quality control framework lets Vitatech to track and report on ingredients used in different lots, batches and stages of their manufacturing processes.
As part of their recent upgrade to QAD Enterprise Applications, Vitatech deployed the latest capabilities in QAD's quality control framework to support quality control throughout their manufacturing processes.
Vitatech CEO Thomas T Tierney mentioned that the advancements in QAD's quality framework support Vitatech's strategy for delivering the highest quality products with cost-effective, continually enhanced process efficiency.
Tierney added, "Upgrading our QAD ERP system provides us with a robust foundation for meeting the evolving Life Science requirements for traceability, analytical reporting and regulations for international commerce .
As part of their system upgrade Vitatech has employed the improved quality control and lot trace workbench, which are part of the Life Sciences Edition of QAD Enterprise Applications.
The improvements to QAD quality control framework support detailed recording of quality attributes and traceability of materials throughout the supply chain from a single access point that supports backwards and forwards navigation through lot data.
Using the improved capabilities of the QAD quality control framework, Vitatech can attain its goals for continual process improvement to achieve the following:
- Simplify analytical test reporting, and ensure accuracy leveraging predefined parameter capabilities on a 'field by field' basis for the testing of material attributes
- Easily develop customized reports that match Vitatech's necessities
- Speed up inspection and shipment evaluation
- Automate in-bound material inspection
- Decrease paperwork and set the stage for a migration to a paperless process
- Easily retrieve information for analysis
- Access detailed audit trails reporting for recording test results
Moreover as part of the upgrade, Vitatech has executed QAD's managed electronic data interchange (EDI) solution. QAD managed EDI streamlines collaboration and assist decrease costs with advanced capabilities that facilitate business with Vitatech's global retail partners.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief