A fully functional, standalone
It has been designed the temperature tracking label for monitoring of perishable goods and is depicted as a complete closed system built from printed and organic electronics.
As per Davor Sutija, Thinfilm ceo, "The integration of memory and logic creates an extensible platform, on which we will be able to create a wide variety of low cost electronics in a label format. Printing provides scale and cost advantages that cannot be matched by any other electronic technology. With our customers, we are delivering the ubiquitous intelligence necessary to turn the Internet of Things into the Internet of Everything."
It is expected that the temperature monitoring market is to be worth more than
Thinfilm also says its technology would aid pharmaceutical companies keep temperature sensitive products safe and effective.
The standalone system is the first demonstration of an integrated printed electronic system powered solely by batteries.
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- NSA Tracks 5 Billion Cellphone Records a Day
- Nelson Mandela Dies After Momentous Life
- Nelson Mandela Dead at 95
- W.H. Corrects Itself on Unclegate
- Yemen Attack Kills 52
- Fast-Food Workers Want $15 an Hour
- Pope Francis Says He'll Fight Child Sex Abuse
- Roybal-Allard Tours Gordon Brush Plant
- Aspen Contracting Adding 300 Jobs