Tokyo, Oct. 17 (Jiji Press)--The 26th Tokyo International Film Festival, which features over 300 films from around the world, opened at Tokyo's Roppongi Hills, its main site, on Thursday for a nine-day run.
The winner of the competition's top award, the Tokyo Sakura Grand Prix, will be determined on Oct. 25, the final day of the event.
A total of 15 films including two Japanese ones have been nominated for the top honor.
Ahead of the opening ceremony, actors appearing in films being screened at the festival appeared on the Green Carpet at the Roppongi Hills Arena.
Guest celebrities, including U.S. actor Tom Hanks, Japanese actor Koji Yakusho and Japanese film director Koki Mitani, were warmly welcomed by a throng of film fans.END
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World