Tokyo, Oct. 17 (Jiji Press)--The 26th Tokyo International Film Festival, which features over 300 films from around the world, opened at Tokyo's Roppongi Hills, its main site, on Thursday for a nine-day run.
The winner of the competition's top award, the Tokyo Sakura Grand Prix, will be determined on Oct. 25, the final day of the event.
A total of 15 films including two Japanese ones have been nominated for the top honor.
Ahead of the opening ceremony, actors appearing in films being screened at the festival appeared on the Green Carpet at the Roppongi Hills Arena.
Guest celebrities, including U.S. actor Tom Hanks, Japanese actor Koji Yakusho and Japanese film director Koki Mitani, were warmly welcomed by a throng of film fans.END
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Paniagua Wins Grand Prize in Young Artists Program
- IBM to Pay Big to Unload Chip Division
- Yaris Adds French Flair for US Market
- Sub Hunt Brings Cold War Chill Back to Baltic
- Canadian Pacific Ends CSX Talks
- Cowboys Turn Back Clock to Glory Days
- Kerry Cites Moral Need in Weapons Air Drop
- US Stocks Move Higher Despite Drag by IBM
- Peyton Manning Sets TD Passing Record
- Cable TV Not Going Away, Says Cable TV