Nominations are now open for IEEE members to be recognized as the 2014
The Engineers Week (
To be eligible, engineers must be 30 or younger as of
Judges will evaluate nominees based on their educational attainment, engineering achievements and participation and accomplishments in professional and technical society activities. Particular consideration is given to work (e.g. volunteering, publishing, conference presentations) in IEEE technical societies.
IEEE nominations should be directed to
The nomination deadline is
Maria Vlachopoulou was honored as the 2013
College Edition Program
The New Faces of Engineering College Edition is for third-, fourth- and fifth-year IEEE student members enrolled in a bachelor of science engineering program at an ABET-accredited college or equivalent international institution, and have a minimum grade-point average of 3.0. The initiative is designed to recognize students whose academic success, contributions and experiences in engineering have them poised for future success.
The application is available on Facebook until 15 November at www.facebook.com/CollegeEdition.
TNS 24HariCha-131018-30FurigayJane-4520981 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- Grizzly Bears Could Be Taken Off Endangered List
- Ford Plans New Cars, Jobs in 2014
- 'Rape Insurance' Bill Passes in Michigan
- Hawaii Official Who Release Obama Certificate Only Victim of Plane Crash
- Gold, Silver Slide on Prospects of Fed Exit
- Ted Cruz Coloring Book Selling Briskly
- Boehner Lashes Out Against Ted Cruz, Far Right
- Kim Jong Un's Uncle Executed
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Podesta Likely to Reject Keystone XL