Microsoft Nigeria has announced winners in the Windows Phone category of the inaugural 9japps Competition, a local application development contest for Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 applications.
The competition aims to empower the next generation of Nigerian developers (students, entrepreneurs and independent developers) by helping them drive innovation and grow the local software ecosystem.
At an event held at Co-Creation Hub Nigeria in
CINEMAZ enables users buy movie tickets online thereby removing the stress of queuing for such, and also allows users view any paid movie without going to sit in the cinema hall.
The second place winner, Bukola Akinfaderin, also went home with the sum of N500, 000, while the 3rd place winners all received Windows Phone devices. Commending the winners, Director Developer Platforms for
He added: "We strongly believe in the potential of Nigerians to not only solve the challenges facing the country, but in doing so, to solve challenges that affect people across the globe".
Over 120 developers from across
One of the first place winners said,
Second place winner, Bukola Akinfaderin, who designed Jandus Radio, a conglomerate of radio stations on the Windows phone platform, which gives users wider choice of radio stations to choose from, said: "I am honoured to be a winner in the competition. I have a determination to improve the features for Jandus Radio and also work on a version for Windows 8. I appreciate
As part of the 4Afrika Initiative, launched in
Pre-Incubation and Research Lead for Co-Creation Hub,
Developers can also access a variety of online training and support resources, including DreamSpark,
Most Popular Stories
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Latin Music Conference Turns 25
- U.S. Growth Stayed Steady During Shutdown, Fed Says
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Guardian Pressured to Stop NSA Stories: Editor
- Newtown Massacre Heard on 911 Recordings
- Calif. Likes Christie, Says Tea Party's a Drag
- New Home Sales Shoot up 25 Percent in October