Awarded by the Clive and Vera Ramaciotti Foundations, the Ramaciotti Medal and
Since the 1980's
These discoveries have been successfully applied in developing treatments for patients, with his work progressing the understanding of diseases such as leukaemias and immune disorders.
"It is an honour," he said.
"Since its inception in 1971, the Clive and Vera Ramaciotti Foundations have supported many biomedical scientists and research institutes through grants and awards.
"My hope now is to continue to lead research that will improve therapies and health outcomes for the community."
His research is now focused on identifying the genes and molecular pathways and signals involved in blood cell formation and production, from early blood stem cells through to fully mature blood cells.
"On behalf of the University, we would like to congratulate
"The award is a reflection not only of his research and discoveries, but of his work as a scientific leader and collaborator."
CC Autotriage7sm-131017-30TagarumaMar-4519388 30TagarumaMar
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Scotch Whisky Sales Raise Distillers' Spirits
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Health Coverage Disparities Emerge Among States
- Podesta Likely to Reject Keystone XL
- Fake Deaf Interpreter Was Hallucinating, Has Schizophrenia
- Tea Party Glum in Face of Bipartisan Budget Deal