“Our solution opens up laser cutting of blanks from coil to a new group of users who could only accomplish applications previously through traditional stamping, as well as enabling more complex design considerations,” said
Fast, Flexible and Finished: LaserCoil systems can process a wide variety of coil material in aluminum, mild steel, the new high-strength steels, and other materials for surface sensitive panels as well as structural components in thicknesses from 0.5 to 3.5mm and up to 2m wide coil at any length. As there is no need for traditional press dies, changeover is a simple as entering a new part number vs. the significant time required for a die change, and the systems are supplied with nesting and cutting software that optimizes material use. The flexibility of the LaserCoil approach makes it perfect for niche type part production appropriate for automotive, aerospace, agriculture, appliance or contract fabricators.
Contributing to the system’s speed is LaserCoil’s process, which relies on a series of dynamic profile conveyors that support the coil strip while providing a cutting path for the laser heads. These lanes independently and dynamically reposition to maintain a clear path below the moving laser head. This allows the coil to move forward through the system — without jogging the strip back and forth — while also automatically shedding scrap during the cutting process, delivering a burr-free, ready-to-stack part at the end of the line.
The laser cutting head, using linear-induction motors, delivers three-axis of motion (X-Y-Z) enabling cutting of tightly nested, complex curvilinear shapes. The systems are available with single or multiple heads, which allows a shared balancing of the workload to decrease processing time and improve productivity.
Whereas other coil-fed laser cutting systems require special coil feed and/or special stacking solutions, LaserCoil systems work with traditional feed and stacking equipment and can even be retrofit to existing press feeding lines, whether it uses side- or end-of-line stacking. When compared to traditional stamping presses, the LaserCoil system requires less infrastructure investment and can cost significantly less than a large blanking press.
Benefits of the LaserCoil cutting cells include the ability to:
• Cut all varieties of metals…even pre-finished or painted coils
• Eliminate premature dulling of dies when cutting the new high-strength steels
• Eliminate presses, dies and associated maintenance
• Provide unmatched nesting capability to enable far more complex shapes
• Achieve near-zero dross, no heat-affect zone and improve edge quality and formability
• Reduce part changeover time ( • Produce near-immediate ‘idea to net shape’ material costs savings
• Deliver stack-ready components
• Lower capital investment (significantly less than the cost of press blanking solution)
• Use far less floorspace
• Retrofit to existing press line equipment
• Create an edge ready for laser welding (no reshearing)
For more information on this approach to laser cutting of coil strip, LaserCoil equipment or processing of components at the LaserCoil facility, call 419.592.0050.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/10/prweb11239732.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- Stolen Cobalt-60 Recovered in Mexico
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- White House Pushes to Extend Unemployment Benefits
- Latin Music Conference Turns 25
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Below 300,000
- Sarmiento to Handle Greeley Latin Ops
- U.S. Growth Stayed Steady During Shutdown, Fed Says
- Calif. Likes Christie, Says Tea Party's a Drag