TAMWORTH Arts Club is now just over a week away from staging its new production of Little Shop of Horrors.
In a break with 48 years of tradition, the production has moved to Landau Forte Sixth Form Academy, owing to planned renovation work at Tamworth Assembly Rooms.
Little Shop of Horrors is based on the film by Roger Corman, with screenplay written by Charles Griffith, at MCC's Theatre Outback on the Southern and Dobson Campus.
One of the longest-running off-Broadway shows of all time, this affectionate spoof of 1950s sci-fi movies has become a household name, thanks to a highly-successful film version and a score by the songwriting team of Howard Ashman and Alan Menken.
Charming, tuneful and hilarious, with tongue firmly planted in cheek, Little Shop of Horrors never fails to entertain.
Bring your camera and have your picture taken with Audrey II, the man-eating plant, after the show.
Little Shop of Horrors runs from Tuesday, October 29, to Saturday, November 2, with a Saturday matinee.
Friday's performance will be British Sign Language Interpreted.
Tickets are available online at www. TAMWOTHASSEMBLYROOMs.co.uk or by calling 01827 709618 or on the door before each performance.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- House Shelves Immigration Bill, Goes on Vacation
- Why Samsung Shares Plunged in the April-June Quarter
- House GOP Leaders Abandon Immigrant Bill
- What Hamas and Israel Hope to Gain in Gaza
- Notorious RBG Tells All in Couric Interview
- NASA Plans to Make Oxygen on Mars
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For
- Wisconsin Supreme Court: Voter IDs Must Be Free
- Market Loses All of July's Gains in One Day