TAMWORTH Arts Club is now just over a week away from staging its new production of Little Shop of Horrors.
In a break with 48 years of tradition, the production has moved to Landau Forte Sixth Form Academy, owing to planned renovation work at Tamworth Assembly Rooms.
Little Shop of Horrors is based on the film by Roger Corman, with screenplay written by Charles Griffith, at MCC's Theatre Outback on the Southern and Dobson Campus.
One of the longest-running off-Broadway shows of all time, this affectionate spoof of 1950s sci-fi movies has become a household name, thanks to a highly-successful film version and a score by the songwriting team of Howard Ashman and Alan Menken.
Charming, tuneful and hilarious, with tongue firmly planted in cheek, Little Shop of Horrors never fails to entertain.
Bring your camera and have your picture taken with Audrey II, the man-eating plant, after the show.
Little Shop of Horrors runs from Tuesday, October 29, to Saturday, November 2, with a Saturday matinee.
Friday's performance will be British Sign Language Interpreted.
Tickets are available online at www. TAMWOTHASSEMBLYROOMs.co.uk or by calling 01827 709618 or on the door before each performance.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- High-Tech Home Theaters Undergoing a Revolution
- Hollywood Bets Big Again on Summer Movies
- Bernanke Wishes He'd Explained the Crisis Better
- China Slows Down: The Cohen Column
- Nestle, Superior Grocers Promote Healthy Meals
- EPA Eases Back on Biofuels Mandate
- Biden Leaves Ukraine as Russian Invasion Threat Rises
- Stocks See 6th Gain in a Row on Solid Earnings
- Ellen DeGeneres Producing HGTV Series
- IRS Awards Bonuses to Employees Who Owe Back Taxes