Oct. 17--PRINCETON -- Festival 56 will present the Legacy Girls, an Andrews Sisters musical revue, at 7:30 p.m. Nov. 2, at the Grace Performing Arts Center, 316 S. Main St.
With comedic flair, tight three-part harmonies, and synchronized choreography, the costumed trio performs the hits of the famous Andrews Sisters, like "Don't Sit Under the Apple Tree," "Chattanooga Choo Choo," "Don't Fence Me In," "Lullaby of Broadway," and "Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy."
The Legacy Girls was formed in 2006. When the three women, who had originally simply been friends singing together in a church choir, were told their singing had a big band feel to it and they sounded like the Andrew Sisters, they decided to bring that music to life as a performance group.
In their concert, the Legacy Girls present an entertaining tribute to the music that uplifted and unified a nation during World War II.
The center is handicapped accessible.
Tickets to the Legacy Girls concert are $18. They can be purchased online at www.festival56.com, by phone, 815-879-5656, ext. 11, or at the Festival 56 Box Office at the Grace Theatre. Fall box office hours, from noon to 5 p.m., begin Oct. 22 on Tuesdays through Saturdays.
(c)2013 the Daily Gazette (Sterling, Ill.)
Visit the Daily Gazette (Sterling, Ill.) at www.saukvalley.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- ACA Delay Stresses Small Businesses
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- General Dynamics Plans 200 New Jobs in N.M.
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- U.S. Stocks Rise on Sysco Acquisition
- Harley Issues Motorcycle Recall