technology startups need before scouting for partners -->
Product user experience, local relevance, business model and support are the key differentiating factors judges and equity investors look for during pitches from mobile application developers.
Developers can use the above differentiating factors to increase their attractiveness and stand out in a crowded and competitive industry, said experts who will be participating in this year's Demo Africa event.
Other factors that the developers should consider include uniqueness of the application and platform integration.
Among the companies that will participate in this year's event to be held next week in
"Support extended to African developers by this team aims at making them do well, for example, by downloads, where the main monetisation model is through advertising," said
The programme membership currently stands at more than 50,000 entrepreneurs globally.
Everlytic will provide the start-ups with an opportunity to market their products on a global scale.
"By fostering an environment of technological innovation, Demo Africa is well on its way to creating an enabling environment for job creation.
The experts noted that often, mobile operating systems offer different features and capabilities; however developers who deeply integrate some of these key features into their apps through APIs offered by their targeted partner, maximise strengths of the operating system and stand out compared to those who don't.
Most Popular Stories
- Slow Week Ahead of December FOMC Meeting
- Hispanics Seek to Grow School Board Members
- GM Bailout Saved 1.2 Million U.S. Jobs, Report Says
- 'Knockout Game': Myth or Menace?
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- Bitcoin Used to Buy Tesla Car
- Banks Fret as Volcker Vote Approaches
- Paul Walker Fans Pay Respects
- 18 L.A. Sheriff's Deputies Face U.S. Charges
- Yellen Set to Become One of World's Most Powerful Women