The guidance, which covered a number of popular platforms including Windows 7 and 8, was launched officially today at an event in
The Group assembled a specialist team to put together the recommendations, which included
"To have been selected by CESG is a testament to the ability within the company. We have a wealth of both public and private sector experience which we were able to bring to the table, as well as a deep knowledge of mobile platforms and Microsoft Windows in particular.
"The government's approach has been very encouraging. They have looked at end user device security pragmatically, and have struck a good balance between risk and usability."
The platforms covered by
Google Android 4.2 on Samsung Devices Google Chrome OS 26 Microsoft Windows 7 Microsoft Windows 8 Microsoft Windows Phone 8 Apple OS X 10.8 Linux (Ubuntu 12.04).
Most Popular Stories
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Maui Visitor Killed in Shark Attack
- Donors Abandon GOP Over Gun Stance
- Mexico: 'Extremely Dangerous' Radioactive Material Stolen
- CEOs More Optimistic About Economy, Hiring
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Private Sector Employment Surges by 215,000 Jobs
- Newtown 911 Tapes Being Released Today
- Wisconsin Gov. Campaign Aide Fired Over Tweets