Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization is a scalable, high performance virtualization solution built on open source technologies including the Kernel-based Virtual Machine (KVM)-based Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisor and a management platform derived from the oVirt project. Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization is also a key component of Red Hat Cloud Infrastructure, a solution which enables organizations to build and manage a private cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) based upon datacenter virtualization and management technologies for traditional workloads, while providing an on-ramp to a highly scalable public-cloud-like infrastructure based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform. It is offered as a single subscription offering composed of four component technologies: Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization, Red Hat CloudForms, Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform, and Red Hat Enterprise Linux. As organizations look to build and manage private cloud IaaS, Red Hat Cloud Infrastructure has emerged as a high performing offering with compelling business value when compared to proprietary cloud infrastructure offerings.
Government of the Canary Islands The Government of the Canary Islands of Spain is responsible for processing regional business applications and providing eGovernment services, with both applications requiring horizontal and vertical scaling. Following population and workload growth, the Government faced staggering virtualization costs and found that their previous virtualization infrastructure could not keep pace with the growing workloads.
To meet these requirements, the Canary Islands sought a virtualization solution that offered reduced ownership costs without compromised quality. After evaluating solutions, the Government of the Canary Islands found that Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization was more cost-effective and provided greater capacity and improved service levels and continuity. Additionally, the Government found that
Most Popular Stories
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- U.S. Stocks Rise on Sysco Acquisition
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- Tech Giants Call for Controls on Government Snooping