Twitter chooses New York Stock Exchange over Nasdaq for IPO -->
Twitter has chosen the
The social media group revealed it had picked the larger exchange in an update to its float prospectus, which also showed a bump in advertising revenues but decelerating growth in users.
Twitter had 232 million monthly active users by 30 September, up from 218 million at the end of June. This represented a quarter-on-quarter increase of 6.13%, down from 6.9% the previous quarter and an average of over 10% in the previous six quarters.
Revenue for the nine months to September grew to
An 11th-hour intervention by the Nasdaq chief executive,
In a statement, Nasdaq said it "wished Twitter well". technology/2012/may/24/facebook-ipo-mark-zuckerberg-nasdaq">Computer glitches delayed the start of trading in
In August, confidence in the robustness of Nasdaq's IT systems was shaken further when it was forced to suspend trading for three hours.
With its pre-IPO investor roadshow expected to begin on 28 October, Twitter has decided to join professional networking site
"This is a decisive win for the
The latest filing shows Twitter's
Advertising revenues increased 123% during the quarter, said analyst
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- GM to Stop Making Autos in Australia
- Selena Gomez, Shakira Among Top Hispanic Searches
- PhD Project Grooms Business Profs
- How Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies Work
- It's Primary Time in Texas
- How to Survive a Subzero Stranding
- Pacific Trade Pact Delay Hinders U.S. Pivot to Asia