The PFI program establishes and maintains rules and requirements regarding eligibility, selection and performance of companies that provide forensic investigation services to ensure they meet PCI Security Standards.
"This is a testament to our commitment to help clients bring their organizations to a secure state, and to the quality of our incident response capabilities,"
Organizations typically have a week to respond to a request to have a PFI determine how a data breach occurred. The PFI's goal is to determine if there is any evidence of vulnerability that allowed the breach to happen.
"We meet with companies and walk them through the entire process, so they know just what to expect from the investigation," Stasiak said. "Our goal is to review the evidence, determine how the breach happened, contain the threat and help the organization move forward."
Basic Steps of a PFI Investigation: (for more details read "Responding to a Data Breach Notification")
1. Determine the scope of the environment where the breach occurred.
Keywords for this news article include: SecureState, Information Technology, Information and Data Security.
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2013, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- It's No Yolk: Food-tech Startups Take Aim at Replacing Eggs
- U.S. Stocks Rise on Sysco Acquisition