Fingerprint Cards AB (publ), Corp. Reg. No. 556154-2381, (FPC), Third quarter 2013:
· Sales totaled SEK 31.6 M (2.6). · Gross profit amounted to SEK 15.5 M (loss: 0.9). · Profit after financial items amounted to a loss of SEK 1.3 M (loss: 9.7). · Gross margin was 49% (neg: 34). · The loss per share was SEK 0.03 (loss: 0.22). · Cash and cash equivalents at the end of the period amounted to SEK 142.3 M (25.9). · The order backlog at the end of the period was SEK 38.9 M (0.0). · FPC published a new forecast for 2013 on September 23 as well as forecasts for 2014 and 2015.
· Fujitsu, in cooperation with DoCoMo, launched the first mobile phone incorporating FPC’s fingerprint technology. · Konka launched its first smartphone with the FPC1080A fingerprint sensor in China. · WWTT launched FingerQ products with FPC’s 1080A sensor. · Pantech in South Korea launched a new mobile phone incorporating FPC’s fingerprint technology. · FPC secured a new DW* from a major Tier 2 OEM in China. · FPC, in partnership with a leading US operator, won a smartphone DW* from an existing OEM customer in Asia. · FPC secured a new major DW* for three new smartphones from a prominent existing customer in Asia. · FPC won new DWs* for smartphones and tablet devices from existing Tier 2 customers in Asia.
· FPC secured a Chinese order for area sensors valued at SEK 24 M. · FPC won an order for slightly more than 3 million swipe sensors for Asian smartphones. · FPC announced that Mats Svensson was moving on to new assignments. · FPC recruited a Customer Support Director for Asia, a Country Manager for Japan and Jan Johannesson as Vice President Strategic Planning and Portfolio Management. · FPC chose Precise Biometrics’ fingerprint algorithm as one of a number of algorithms in our portfolio. · FPC acquired some 100 patents from a world-leading patent holder.
Interim period January – September 2013:
· Sales totaled SEK 61.3 M (8.4). · Gross profit was SEK 24.2 M (loss: 4.2). · After financial items, a loss of SEK 18.2 M (loss: 28.5) was reported. · Gross margin was 40% (neg: 50). · The loss per share was SEK 0.35 (loss: 0.65). · Cash and cash equivalents at the end of the period totaled SEK 142.3 M (25.9). · The order backlog at the end of the period was SEK 38.9 M (0.0).
Notable events after the close of the reporting period:
· FPC recruited Jonas Spannel as Vice President Sourcing and Supply. · FPC received an order for approximately 1 million sensors for Asian smartphones. · UINT & Mereal Biometrics launched a biometric smartcard with embedded fingerprint sensors and processors from FPC. · Official denial: Fingerprint Cards has NOT been acquired. Swedish Financial Supervisory Authority and Swedish Economic Crime Authority are investigating.