Instructors and students can now benefit from speech-enabled educational content to facilitate the learning experience
"Canvas was designed to be a flexible learning platform and to accommodate different learning styles," said
Canvas uses the ReadSpeaker Enterprise Highlighting product, which is a software as a service (
"ReadSpeaker fits nicely with the innovative and forward-looking Canvas LMS developed by Instructure," said Joop Heijenrath, ReadSpeaker CCO and Co-founder. "This partnership will help faculty using Canvas to reach out to all their students by providing them with a simple click and listen feature to easily access content pages, wikis, blogs, news, announcements, tests, and quizzes in audio format."
A leader in cloud-based text-to-speech (TTS) technology, ReadSpeaker provides learners with the ability to listen to text content. The TTS service helps all learners expand their comprehension and allows for bimodal learning. By providing different ways of accessing the learning content, ReadSpeaker nicely fits the Universal Design for Learning (UDL) philosophy. The seamlessly integrated TTS feature requires no downloads and works on all supported devices and operating systems, further enabling users who would otherwise have to download and install third-party software. Please visit http://www.readspeaker.com.
Instructure is a technology company committed to improving education. We provide instructors and students with modern tools and resources to empower the learning experience. Instructure offers Canvas Network-the open, easy-to-use, cloud-native learning management system. We also provide an index of open, online courses from Ivy Leagues to community colleges. To keep learning, visit http://www.instructure.com.
Most Popular Stories
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- 2014 World Cup Official Noisemakers Quieter than Vuvuzelas
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics