The TOFU Media Platform is Pivos’ latest release derived from the highly acclaimed XBMC Media Center. The completely redesigned platform was built to target today’s growing entertainment needs in both the consumer and commercial space. This is the next milestone from Pivos on our vision to bring a better entertainment ecosystem to the masses.
“We have leveraged today’s growing embedded technologies into TOFU,” said
The newly developed system platform will provide our OEM/OEM partners with seamless access to multiple system resources. With its own unique development framework for applications, program plugins, or customizable skinning development, TOFU brings a whole new media experience for large screen televisions and commercial displays.
The TOFU Media Center, our consumer-based software, will be available in the coming weeks on new Pivos hardware platform and 3rd party devices. TOFU Media Center will deliver the essential experiences that the world has come to love from XBMC Media Center together with numerous unique Pivos features to provide a rich feature set for multimedia playback
XBMC is an award-winning free and open source (GPL) software media player and entertainment hub for digital media. XBMC is available for Linux, OSX, and Windows. Created in 2003 by a group of like-minded programmers, XBMC is a non-profit project run and developed by volunteers located around the world. More than 50 software developers have contributed to XBMC, and 100-plus translators have worked to expand its reach, making it available in more than 30 languages.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/10/prweb11230764.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- 2014 World Cup Official Noisemakers Quieter than Vuvuzelas
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics