More than 48,000 new jobs will be created in 2014 as a result of support from the
Minister Bruton was speaking at a press briefing on job-creation in Budget 2014 along with Minister of State for Small Business
Further job-creation measures included in Budget 2014 include:
* A package of new measures to support start-ups and growing businesses, including an income tax exemption for long-term unemployed people who start a business and incentives for investment in start-up businesses
* Continued provision for a total of over
* More than
* Full delivery of Action Plan for Jobs 2014
* Supports for jobs growth in targeted sectors including retention of the 9% VAT rate for the hospitality sector, 0% air travel tax, home renovation incentive, extension of the Living Cities Initiative.
Minister Bruton commented:
"This is another pro-jobs, pro-enterprise Budget and is further clear statement of intent by this Government to continue the job we started in 2011 to rebuild our shattered economy.
"Budget 2014 is aimed at building on and accelerating the progress we are making in addressing the massive jobs challenge we inherited. In an extremely difficult Budgetary environment, I am happy that investment right across my Department's capital programme in 2014 will continue in line with 2013 expenditure levels, and new funding is being provided for CEB/LEO initiatives.".
"Through investments provided in Budget 2014 my Department will support the creation of almost 50,000 new jobs in 2014. We will continue the cross-Government focus on the jobs agenda with continued support for
"I am also very happy that entrepreneurs and start-up businesses, an area that my Department and I have targeted for supports, is receiving very specific attention today. Earlier this year I asked
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response