Our news journalists obtained a quote from the research from Helmholtz-Zentrum, "PEGylated lipid NPs were prepared from self-assembled liquid crystalline phases involving monoolein and eicosapentaenoic acid. Inclusion of the antioxidant alpha-tocopherol favoured the preparation of stealth hexosome carriers. The purpose of the present work is to reveal the structural features of the protein-loaded lipid nanocarriers by means of high resolution small-angle X-ray scattering (SAXS) and cryogenic transmission electron microscopy (cryo-TEM)."
According to the news editors, the research concluded: "The obtained results indicate that protein entrapment is concentration-dependent and may significantly modify the inner liquid crystalline structure of the lipid nanocarriers through changes in the interfacial curvature and hydration."
For more information on this research see: Protein entrapment in PEGylated lipid nanoparticles.
Our news journalists report that additional information may be obtained by contacting A. Angelova, Helmholtz Zentrum Geesthacht, Center Mat & Coastal Res, D-21502 Geesthacht,
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2013, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Adam Levine Wins Big as 'The Voice' Crowns Champ
- Target Security Breach May Affect 40 Million Cardholders
- Archer Daniels Midland Moving HQ to Chicago
- Tyson Foods Charged With Civil Rights Violation
- 'Beyonce' Tops the U.S. Album Chart
- Bernanke Lets Congress Have It in Final Press Conference
- Wall Street Falls a Day After Surge
- Texting With Vodka: Booze and Social Media Can Mix After All
- Hispanic PR Firm Launches Chicago Chapter
- How to Protect Yourself After Target Data Breach