The news correspondents obtained a quote from the research, "We describe here the development of streptavidin-coated polyurethane-urea nanoparticles as multifunctional nanocarriers for fluorescence imaging or targeting of the tumour environment to identify and arrest the vascular network irrigating the tumour tissue. The design of these multifunctional nanoparticles involves incorporating streptavidin to the nanoparticle polymeric matrix. The obtained nanoparticles are spherical and exhibit an average diameter of 70-74 nm. Streptavidin-coated nanoparticles spontaneously bind biotinylated antibodies against VCAM-1 and
According to the news reporters, the research concluded: "The multiple functionalisation strategy described here could be exploited for tumour diagnostics or targeted drug delivery to tumour vasculature with a good safety profile and an attractive array of possibilities for biomedical applications."
For more information on this research see: Multifunctional polyurethane-urea nanoparticles to target and arrest inflamed vascular environment: A potential tool for cancer therapy and diagnosis.
Our news journalists report that additional information may be obtained by contacting
Keywords for this news article include: Urea, Spain,
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2013, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Apple Paid Its Lawyers More Than $60MM to Defeat Samsung in Court
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Economic Bright Spots Not a Sure Boost for President Obama
- US Consumer Borrowing Rose $18.2B in Oct.