CompTIA, the non-profit association for the global IT industry, today introduced a new skills certification designed to raise security awareness and preparedness in the mobile app development universe.
CompTIA Mobile App Security+ is a vendor-neutral certification that validates the skills required to securely create a mobile application, while also ensuring secure network communications and backend web services. CompTIA today launched two unique editions of the certification exam - for native Android and iOS mobile applications.
"Mobile apps numbering in the millions are downloaded daily on smart phones, tablets and other mobile devices," said
Candidates for the CompTIA Mobile App Security+ credential will come from several job roles, such as mobile app developers, software developers, applications development managers and network security developers. The certification is best suited for individuals with at least 24 months of application development experience.
Areas covered in the exams include:
* Principles of secure application development
* Security models of Android and iOS devices
* Common threats to mobile app security
* Web services security models and vulnerabilities
* Secure coding techniques
* Common implementations of cryptography
* Encryption for storage and communications
Complete exam objectives for CompTIA Mobile App Security+ are available on the CompTIA Certification website.
Courseware for CompTIA Mobile App Security+ is available through Logical Operations. Their Mobile App Security courses cover mobile app security from the perspective of the software developer. Students learn secure programming practices for mobile app development, as well as specific security threats and countermeasures. Students implement countermeasures within actual apps using native software development tools.
With more than 1.8 million certifications awarded, CompTIA is the leading provider of vendor-neutral skills certifications for the world's IT workforce. Visit CompTIA Certifications to learn more.
In addition to certifications for individual IT professionals, CompTIA offers other mobility-specific initiatives, including training for IT channel companies involved in or interested in offering mobility solutions to their customers; the
TNS 24HariCha-131016-30FurigayJane-4518873 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Maui Visitor Killed in Shark Attack
- Donors Abandon GOP Over Gun Stance
- Mexico: 'Extremely Dangerous' Radioactive Material Stolen
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Wisconsin Gov. Campaign Aide Fired Over Tweets
- Private Sector Employment Surges by 215,000 Jobs
- Newtown 911 Tapes Being Released Today
- Fraud Potential Great With Health Care Subsidies, Treasury Says