Oct. 16--McDonald's announced this morning that it will host a grand opening at its newest restaurant at 1480 Hillcrest Ave. in Springfield at 6 a.m. Thursday, Oct. 17, and will mark the opening by offering coupons good for a free breakfast sandwich each week for a year to the first 100 customers on opening day and other giveaways scheduled over the next two weeks, a McDonald's spokeswoman announced this morning.
Construction of the 85-seat restaurant began in July. The new restaurant will be open 24 hours and has dual-lane drive-through service, flat-screen televisions and complimentary Wi-Fi. The restaurant will employ about 75 people, the spokeswoman said.
Other promotions in connection with the opening include:
-- a "Spin the Wheel and Win" prize wheel Oct. 18, 20, 24, 28 and Nov. 1;
-- free sandwich each week for a year for the first 100 customers on Oct. 21 and Oct. 23;
-- free Happy Meal each week for a year for the first 100 customers on October 29; and
-- an appearance by Ronald McDonald at 3 p.m. Nov. 2.
There is a limit of one promotion per visit, a McDonald's spokeswoman said.
Mark Reese, representing McDonald's USA, LLC, said the new restaurant "joins the four remodeled locations in Springfield and allows us to provide our customers with the overall great experience they've come to expect from McDonald's."
McDonald's and its franchise owners have been aggressively rebuilding or improving their Miami Valley restaurants for several years in projects that modernize the restaurants' kitchens, service areas, dining rooms, and drive-throughs. The rebuilding and renovation projects cost about $16.6 million last year, McDonald's officials said.
(c)2013 the Dayton Daily News (Dayton, Ohio)
Visit the Dayton Daily News (Dayton, Ohio) at www.daytondailynews.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Original headline: New McDonald's to offer 'free food for a year'
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign