Janney Marin, better known as Chiquis Rivera, will play her mother in the upcoming biopic about the life of the Mexican superstar.
Rivera confirmed the news exclusively to Univision. This will be her acting debut.
"Sería un gran honor poder encarnar a mi madre en una película pero, como dije en la conferencia, para mí la que sea está bien, mientras que lo haga con mucho amor y respeto a mi madre," Rivera told Univision.
("It would be a great honor to be able to embody my mother in a movie but, as I said at the conference, for me whoever is fine, as long as it is done so with a lot of love and respect for my mother.")
Rivera is preparing for her role by taking singing and acting lessons, according to Univision.
Jenni Rivera tragically died in a plane crash in Mexico on Dec. 9, 2012.
Most Popular Stories
- Grizzly Bears Could Be Taken Off Endangered List
- Ford Plans New Cars, Jobs in 2014
- 'Rape Insurance' Bill Passes in Michigan
- Hawaii Official Who Release Obama Certificate Only Victim of Plane Crash
- Gold, Silver Slide on Prospects of Fed Exit
- Ted Cruz Coloring Book Selling Briskly
- Boehner Lashes Out Against Ted Cruz, Far Right
- Kim Jong Un's Uncle Executed
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Podesta Likely to Reject Keystone XL