Janney Marin, better known as Chiquis Rivera, will play her mother in the upcoming biopic about the life of the Mexican superstar.
Rivera confirmed the news exclusively to Univision. This will be her acting debut.
"Sería un gran honor poder encarnar a mi madre en una película pero, como dije en la conferencia, para mí la que sea está bien, mientras que lo haga con mucho amor y respeto a mi madre," Rivera told Univision.
("It would be a great honor to be able to embody my mother in a movie but, as I said at the conference, for me whoever is fine, as long as it is done so with a lot of love and respect for my mother.")
Rivera is preparing for her role by taking singing and acting lessons, according to Univision.
Jenni Rivera tragically died in a plane crash in Mexico on Dec. 9, 2012.
Most Popular Stories
- Senate Dems Pull All-Nighter on Global Warming
- Why New Workers Can't Get Ahead
- myLINGO Translates Hollywood Films into Spanish
- Rand Paul Takes Pot Shot at Ted Cruz
- Obama Plugs ACA on Zach Galifianakis Show
- Miley Cyrus Performs in Undies After Costume Goes Missing
- Toledo Jeep Plant Hiring Part-Timers
- Dianne Feinstein Accuses CIA of Spying on Congress
- Snowden Urges Silicon Valley to Resist Internet Spying
- OECD Forecasts Slowdown in Global Growth