The Alpha 7 (a7) and Alpha 7R (a7R) models are Sony’s long-awaited full-frame, compact, interchangeable-lens cameras. The world’s lightest interchangeable-lens, full-frame cameras, Sony’s Exmore image sensor takes advantage of the full frame format but in a camera body less than half the size and weight of traditional full-frame DSLRs. Both models feature Intelligent Auto Focus (AF): the high speed image processing engine and improved algorithms combined with optimized image sensor read-out speed to achieve ultra-high-speed AF, and a new Eye AF control offers extremely accurate eye detection so that faces will be sharply focused even when the subject is partially turned away from the camera.
Photo industry expert
The new Alpha cameras are fully compatible with Sony’s E-mount lens system and expanded line of E-mount compact and lightweight full-frame lenses from
Key Differences in
Targeted to professionals and users looking to supplement or replace a current full-frame camera, Sony’s a7R offers a 36.3-effective-megapixel full-frame sensor, ISO range of 100 – 25,600, EV 0 to 20 EV and no optical low-pass filter, resulting in a significant improvement in reproduction of fine details.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Scotch Whisky Sales Raise Distillers' Spirits
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Health Coverage Disparities Emerge Among States
- Podesta Likely to Reject Keystone XL
- Fake Deaf Interpreter Was Hallucinating, Has Schizophrenia
- Tea Party Glum in Face of Bipartisan Budget Deal