Fareham, Hampshire (PRWEB
OKW’s SOFT-CASE hand held enclosures are now available from stock in environmentally friendly Biograde bioplastic.
Biograde is suitable as a replacement for existing fossil plastics, such as ABS, which until now has been the only standard choice for this range.
OKW selected Biograde as its preferred bioplastic because it is carbon neutral, technically compostable and biodegradable.
Biograde enclosures have similar mechanical and physical properties to ABS boxes.
Electronics design engineers can now ensure genuinely green credentials for their products by specifying an off-the-shelf biodegradable housing.
OKW has designed SOFT-CASE plastic cases for electronics to be as comfortable as possible for the user.
The enclosures are available in four standard sizes with external dimensions ranging from 51 x 83 x 14 mm to 92 x 150 x 28 mm.
Typical applications include modern high value electronic devices such as portable instruments, medical and wellness devices, mobile data logging and data capture equipment.
Uniquely for handheld enclosures, the design is suitable for wide format displays and keypads.
The top of the enclosure has a wide recessed area for locating an LCD or membrane keypad. A raised panel on the long edge can be used for mounting USB, power or serial connectors and controls.
The three larger size cases are available with battery compartments for fitting 1.5V AAA, 1.5V AA or 9V cells.
Screw pillars are provided on the inside of the top and base parts for fitting PCBs. The cases are assembled with four self-tapping screws. Prices start at Ł8.
Accessories include intermediate ring mouldings which increase the internal height; belt and pocket clips; battery cradles and contacts; tilt feet and wall mounting clips.
SOFT-CASE PCB cases are also compatible with OKW’s 4-K in-vehicle holding system which gives users a selection of securing options.
The 4-K system offers a choice of four holders (one with adjustable jaws) plus various mounts: ball joint; bike handlebar clamp; flexible swan neck with suction pad; a secured bracket that hinges in two directions.
Customising options for SOFT-CASE include CNC milling and drilling of holes and cut outs, silk-screen and tampo printing of legends and logos,
OKW Sales and Marketing Director
“Now this important environmentally friendly solution is available from stock for SOFT-CASE to make it even easier to specify,” he added.
Features of OKW’s SOFT-CASE electronics housing range include:
• Handy design in four standard sizes
• Ergonomic design for maximum user comfort
• Top recess for mounting a membrane keypad or LCD module
• Raised connector mounting panel on the wide edge to accommodate more connections
• Choice of intermediate rings – ABS (in case colour or chromated) for additional height; soft TPE ring for extra height, IP54 sealing and to protect the outside edges from impact
• Battery compartments for 2 x 1.5V AAA; 2 x 1.5V AA; 4 x 1.5V AA or 1 x 9V cells
• Clip-on battery lid can be screw fixed
• Internal PCB mounting pillars
• Materials – ABS (UL 94 HB); carbon neutral biodegradable Bioplastic material; PMMA (UL 94 HB) for infra-red models
• Protection Class – IP54 (with TPE intermediate ring)
• Standard Colours – Off-white (RAL 9002), Lava Grey (NCS S 7502-B), Infra-red Black (RAL 9005)
• Accessories – intermediate rings (ABS Off-white and lava grey; infra-red; TPE; chromated); tilt foot bar; Combi-Clip (belt and wall clip); battery contacts; eyelet; hand strap and lanyard; 4-K in-vehicle holding system.
OKW also offers three other small hand held enclosure ranges:
• MINITEC – for infra-red remote control units and other personal electronic devices
• SMART-CASE – for key ring sized devices
• DATEC POCKET BOX – IP-rated enclosures with recess and battery compartment.
Hampshire-based OKW manufactures a wide selection of cases for handheld, desktop and wall mounted applications including specialised plastic enclosures for electronic instruments.
For full specifications of all the ranges, view OKW’s website or contact Sales and Marketing Director
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/hand-held/enclosures/prweb11217721.htm
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response