Lemont native Diablo Cody has made only a handful of movies, but she has worked with seasoned filmmakers such as director Jason Reitman ("Juno") and executive producer Steven Spielberg ("The United States of Tara").
For her upcoming directorial debut "Paradise" (to be released Friday, Oct. 18, at the Streets of Woodfield Theaters, Schaumburg), Cody worked with noted actors Octavia Spencer, Russell Brand, Nick Offerman, Holly Hunter and Julianne Hough.
Maybe as impressive as snagging Oscar-winning composer Rachel Portman to create the movie's bouncy, original score.
"I couldn't believe that we got her!" Cody said. "She's a big deal Oscar-winning composer. When I heard she was willing to do the score, I was completely star-struck and excited!
"She came up with really interesting cues for the movie, and she was kind of working outside of her usual wheelhouse. Rachel is amazing! She provided us with so much stuff.
"Talk about a cool job. Scoring movies? Amazing job."
She added, "Something I could never do."
-- Dann Gire
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Potential Snags to the Bipartisan Budget Deal
- Adam Levine Wins Big as 'The Voice' Crowns Champ
- U.S. Home Construction Hammers Out 5-Year High
- Mega Millions Winning Tickets Sold in Atlanta, San Jose
- Delta: No Voice Calls on our Planes
- Phil Pustejovsky's Relief Real Estate Offers Seminars in Daytona Beach
- Housing Starts Soared in November
- From Fiscal Cliff to Female Head of GM: 2013 in Review
- Legal Dope in Uruguay Breaks International Law, Says Buzzkill U.N.
- China Provokes Bitcoin Crash