According to President Rousseff, this is "the first measure adopted to increase the privacy and inviolability of official messages' , in order to prevent them becoming the object of "possible espionage.'
The government had already commissioned
For both the government and public emails, the basis for the systems will be the Correios-Serpro messaging project.
According to communications minister
He also said that the communications ministry (MiniCom) had already let
The email initiatives are the outcome of the recent electronic espionage of which
The case has led to a strain in the Brazil-US relationship, with Rousseff ultimately calling off and postponing a state visit to
The most recent reports accuse the Communications Security Establishment Canada (CSEC), the Canadian equivalent of NSA, of having spied on the communications of
These reports led Rousseff to demand explanations from
The mines and energy minister Edison LobÃo said, "The breach of the ministry's communication and data storage systems...is serious, as it suggests an attempt to obtain strategic information related to the ministry's work, and deserves our condemnation."
And while LobÃo emphasized that the ministry had one of the safest data protection systems in the world, he said that he was committed to a "rigorous evaluation and the strengthening of these systems and an analysis of what may have been the objective of the espionage."
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- GM to Stop Making Autos in Australia
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Selena Gomez, Shakira Among Top Hispanic Searches
- It's Primary Time in Texas
- How Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies Work
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- How to Survive a Subzero Stranding
- PhD Project Grooms Business Profs
- N.M. Dems Say Nonprofit Helping Martinez Campaign