Apple sent out invitations Tuesday to an event on
"We still have a lot to cover," Apple said in the invite for the event, which will take place at the
Apple has been under pressure from investors to release new gadgets to prop up its sagging growth rate.
The company's recent iPhone launch, in which it released two new versions for the first time, generated strong demand globally.
However, the cheaper model, the iPhone 5c, was deemed not cheap enough by
Apple may also release details of its new OS X Mavericks operating system and refresh some of its Mac computers, which will likely run the new OS.
Apple shares rose almost 1% to trade above
Gillis expects upgraded iPads with the same pricing model and a new Retina screen for the iPad mini.
"While this is happening, tablet share for Apple continues to drop because of decent offerings from Amazon and
Apple often hints at what new products might entail in its invitations. The latest hint -- "We still have a lot to cover" -- probably doesn't mean the company will release iPads in different sizes, Gillis said.
"I think it means the covers are going to be redesigned," the analyst said. "This is iteration again."
Still, demand will likely be strong for Apple's new iPads.
A recent survey of customers waiting to buy the high-end iPhone 5s, by Piper Jaffray analyst
Of the iPhone 5s customers who did not own an iPad already, 38% said they planned to buy a tablet from Apple in the next year.
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- Cold Dis-comfort: Antarctica Set Record of -135.8
- Obama Delivers Speech at Mandela Memorial: Transcript
- Uruguay Gets Ready for Legal Marijuana
- Oldaker Takes Center Stage at Entrepreneur Awards
- Slow Week Ahead of December FOMC Meeting
- Hispanics Seek to Grow School Board Members
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- 'Knockout Game': Myth or Menace?