Local network collaboration and compliance management specialist company NETCB will leverage
With MobileIron AppConnect containerisation, files accessed through Novell Filr are encrypted and protected from unauthorised access.
Protecting corporate data
"Due to the enormous growth of mobile devices within the enterprise, IT faces a real challenge with protecting corporate data," said
By combining the capabilities of Novell Filr with MobileIron AppConnect, IT can disable cut-and-copy controls for files, disable the opening of documents in certain applications, and whitelist select apps for opening documents.
"This partnership makes it easier for IT to remain compliant with corporate data loss prevention by securing access and controls by user, and controlling data leakage by restricting replication of the data and usage of restricted apps," said Burgers.
"As mobile becomes the central computing platform for the enterprise, employees need secure mobile access to all their critical files," said
Novell Filr allows IT to leverage existing infrastructure and security policies, eliminating the need for new hardware investments to enable secure mobile file sharing. With the MobileIron AppConnect integration, only devices that have been approved by IT will be able to launch the Filr application and access files that are stored and shared.
All rights reserved.
Most Popular Stories
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- NASA Fellowships, Scholarships Bring Diversity to Workforce
- Dish Network Leads 2013 Top 50 Advertisers List
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Entravision Initiates Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise