The band wanted to create a cyberpunk 3-D animated world for its latest video (with DJ Steve Aoki), A Light That Never Comes.In a departure, the band switched from Apple computers to Dell Precision workstations and
We met with band members
Hahn: Processing images in Adobe's After Effects and Avid's Media Composer software, the
Shinoda: He learned on an Apple as a design student and had never used a different platform. "I had kind of written off Windows: 'It's not for creatives … if you're making music or art, it doesn't really work.'" The experience "opened my mind to the possibilities." Has he switched to Windows completely? "I'm in between, to be honest. It takes awhile … to adjust your mental workflow."
Shinoda: As a former art student, "I got to live out one of my lifelong dreams, which is designing characters for a game."
Shinoda:Plants vs. Zombies (
Hahn:Clash of Clans(free; Apple, Android) is a combat strategy game. "You get revenge on people who attack your town."
Shinoda: Camera + (Apple,
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- Bipartisan Negotiators Reach Modest Budget Agreement
- Senate Dems Move Forward With Obama Nominees
- Justin Bieber Visits Typhoon Victims, Plays Concert
- New Obama Aide to Focus on Climate Change
- Obama Nominee Confirmed for D.C. Appeals Court
- MasterCard to Split Shares, Raise Dividend