- immatics' lead cancer vaccine IMA901 to report interim phase 3 data in
2014 and final data in 2015
- Funding secured within existing investor group
immatics biotechnologies GmbH, a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing advanced multi-peptide cancer vaccines that are active against cancer, today announced that it has closed a
The funding round was supported by existing investors including dievini Hopp Biotech holding,
The new funds will enable immatics to conclude the development of its lead vaccine IMA901, including completing all of the activities necessary to prepare for regulatory filings in the US and
The phase 3 trial is designed to evaluate overall survival with IMA901 in combination with sunitinib (Sutent(R), Pfizer), the current standard first-line therapy, compared with sunitinib alone in patients with metastatic and/or locally advanced RCC. The trial has completed inclusion of 339 patients at sites in the US and
The phase 3 trial builds on the positive phase 2 study with IMA901 in advanced RCC patients. The trial showed that patients who produced an immune response to two or more of the TUMAPs contained in IMA901 had a significantly longer survival, as published in Nature Medicine in 2012.
1. Walter S, Weinschenk T et al. 2012. Multipeptide immune response to cancer vaccine IMA901 after single-dose cyclophosphamide associates with longer patient survival. Nature Medicine, published online:
IMA901 is a rationally designed cancer vaccine comprising 10 different tumor-associated peptides (TUMAPs) that are found to be highly over-expressed in the majority of patients suffering from renal cell carcinoma (RCC). IMA901 is a peptide-based vaccine with a stable, off-the-shelf formulation and robust and easily scalable manufacturing.
immatics biotechnologies is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing advanced therapeutic vaccines that are active against cancer. immatics' lead product, IMA901, is in a pivotal phase 3 study after completing a successful randomized phase 2 trial in renal cell carcinoma. immatics' pipeline also includes IMA910, which has reported improved overall survival data in patients with advanced colorectal cancer (phase 1/2 study completed), and IMA950, which is in phase 1 in patients with glioma.
immatics' unique and world-leading technology platform XPRESIDENT(R)discovers novel relevant cancer antigens known to be expressed on tumor cells. These tumor-associated peptides (TUMAPs) constitute the basis for developing therapeutic cancer vaccines and other immunotherapies, including peptide-targeting compounds such as antibodies and soluble T-cell receptors. In contrast to widely used existing in silico and indirect methods to identify peptide antigens, immatics' TUMAPs are confirmed to be naturally expressed in primary cancer tissue.
immatics' vaccines contain multiple TUMAPs to maximize the chances of clinical success by increasing the number of targets on cancer cells that they address. Phase 2 results with IMA901 and IMA910 have shown improved survival in patients who respond to multiple TUMAPs in both of these vaccines. immatics' multi-peptide vaccines are 'drug like', i.e. fully synthetic, off-the-shelf, easily scalable and stable.
immatics is based in Tuebingen and Martinsried (
For additional information on immatics please visit http://www.immatics.com or contact:
Most Popular Stories
- MasterCard to Split Shares, Raise Dividend
- Bipartisan Negotiators Reach Modest Budget Agreement
- Justin Bieber Visits Typhoon Victims, Plays Concert
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- Senate Dems Move Forward With Obama Nominees
- GOP, Dems Strain to Unearth a Modest Budget Pact
- Obama Nominee Confirmed for D.C. Appeals Court
- New Obama Aide to Focus on Climate Change
- Office Depot Moving HQ to Florida