For many years, the DMDC has been providing smart card technology as a DoD-wide Common Access Card/Personal Identity Verification (CAC/PIV). The CAC is the standard ID card for active duty members of the Uniformed Services, Selected Reserve, DoD civilian employees, and eligible contractor personnel. It is the DoDís Homeland Security Presidential Directive 12 authorized personal identity verification cards. The CAC/PIV is also the principal card used to enable physical access to buildings and controlled spaces and for logical access to the DoDís computer networks and systems.
Capitalizing on G&Dís long history of developing security technologies, with millions of smart cards used for identification and authentication deployed around the globe, DMDC has engaged G&D to supply cards for their CAC/PIV program commencing immediately.
G&D develops, produces, and distributes products and solutions in the payment, secure communication and identity management sectors. G&D is a technology leader in these markets and holds a strong competitive position. The Group's customer base mainly comprises central and commercial banks, mobile network operators, business enterprises, governments, and public authorities. For more information, please visit: www.gi-de.com.
Director, Marketing Communications
Most Popular Stories
- 2014 Will Be 'Breakthrough Year' for U.S., Obama Says
- Climate Change Isn't an Equal Opportunity Destroyer
- Renewable Energy Group to Acquire Syntroleum
- Ally Financial Settles Auto Loan Suit
- Kanye, Kardashians and Other Kooks: A Wacky, Tacky, Entertaining Year
- Covered California Lags on Hispanic Enrollment
- Luis Suarez Re-ups With Liverpool F.C.
- Chris Christie Set to Sign Tuition Aid Bill
- Little Risk of Deportation Under Obama
- Time No Longer Stands Still for Cuban Entrepreneurs