Based on promising pre-clinical data published by the Company's Chief Scientist, Prof.
Prof. Karussis, a Key Opinion Leader in the field of MS, is Head of the multi-disciplinary
NurOwn is an autologous, adult stem cell therapy technology that induces bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) to secrete high levels of neurotrophic factors for protection of existing motor neurons, promotion of motor neuron growth, and re-establishment of nerve-muscle interaction. More information about NurOwn™ can be found at technology%2F-nurown&esheet=50728960&newsitemid=20131015006117&lan=en-US&anchor=http%3A%2F%2Fbrainstorm-cell.com%2Findex.php%2Fscience-a-technology%2F-nurown&index=1&md5=edf12692ed1f1e0ab7eefe0be06ba227" rel="nofollow">http://brainstorm-cell.com/index.php/science-a-technology/-nurown.
About Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
Multiple sclerosis (MS) is believed to be an autoimmune disorder that affects the central nervous system (CNS). Autoimmune means that the body’s immune system mistakenly attacks its own tissue, in this case, the tissues of the CNS. With MS, autoimmune damage to neurons disrupts the body’s ability to send and receive signals, thus causing MS-related symptoms.Symptoms may vary due to the location and extent of the damage. Worldwide, MS may affect more than 2 million individuals, including approximately 400,000 people in
Most Popular Stories
- Updates on Everglades' Stranded Pilot Whales
- NSA Tracks 5 Billion Cellphone Records a Day
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Stolen Cobalt-60 Recovered in Mexico
- Ford Mustang Still Packs Power
- Wind Power and Wildlife Can Coexist
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- Sarmiento to Handle Greeley Latin Ops
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Below 300,000
- White House Pushes to Extend Unemployment Benefits